I am a software engineer with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering and a Master's degree in Computer Science. I am licensed as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC (APEGBC).
Currently I work at DreamCraft Attractions in Victoria, BC, where I develop software for the amusement park and video game industries. Our flagship product is a virtual reality system where the user sits on a motion platform, which simulates the forces of flying, driving, etc. I worked on an SDK for this system, and installed hardware and software at the client's site. This gave me experience developing and maintaining a complex, safety-critical engineering system.
Most of the projects I have worked on are not on Github and are not open source. However, here are some that are:
- Python Machine Learning (PML): A library and environment for both scripted and interactive application of machine learning algorithms.
- PML Applications: Applications and analysis done using PML.
- UVic Transcript Parser: Parses plain text UVic transcripts into an SQLite database and allows exporting data to a CSV file. Done as part of CENG 499, the capstone project, at UVic.
- BioMixer: A Java-based web app for visualizing biomedical ontologies.
- WeightRep: A smartphone web app for estimating the amount of weight and number of repetitions to lift when exercising.
- Investment tracker: a Web app for tracking value of stocks and investments
- drusk-gwt-oracle-example: A Java-based flight management web app for a class project using GWT and Oracle
- Archive: An assortment of old assignments, projects or pieces of code for reference.