I recently completed a Computer Engineering (software specialization) program at the University of Victoria and have registered with the Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC (APEGBC) as an Engineer-in-Training (EIT). I am currently taking a Master of Science (MSc) program in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Victoria with a focus on computational intelligence and visualization.
I am very interested in software engineering and learning how to write high-quality code. My more research-oriented interests are in machine learning, natural language processing, data mining, image processing and computer vision, and other areas of artificial intelligence with practical applications. Additionally I am interested in web development and data visualization. In my spare time I have also been doing some work on smart phone apps.
Most of the projects I have worked on are not on Github and are not open source. However, here are some that are:
- Python Machine Learning (PML): A library and environment for both scripted and interactive application of machine learning algorithms.
- PML Applications: Applications and analysis done using PML.
- UVic Transcript Parser: Parses plain text UVic transcripts into an SQLite database and allows exporting data to a CSV file. Done as part of CENG 499, the capstone project, at UVic.
- BioMixer: A Java-based web app for visualizing biomedical ontologies.
- WeightRep: A smartphone web app for estimating the amount of weight and number of repetitions to lift when exercising.
- Investment tracker: a Web app for tracking value of stocks and investments
- drusk-gwt-oracle-example: A Java-based flight management web app for a class project using GWT and Oracle
- Archive: An assortment of old assignments, projects or pieces of code for reference.